Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best of 2015

The last post of 2015 was published on December 31, 2015.
That is my reason for later entry to the linky party hosted by Chery of Meadow Mist Designs. Yes, that is my story and I am sticking to it.


Once again flying by the seat of my pants, skidding past the gates and sliding into the doors,  as the linky shuts behind me. PHEW!!! I made it. YAY!!!

Please take a look at the top five posts from 2015 while I catch my breath :-D

5. How many Shades of Grey - This was a description of my creative space, but it became so much more. I have never had more fun writing a blogpost.

Creative Space - Cleaned up for the Picture
Steps to make Paulitiks Block

Doodle (made during a boring meeting at work)

4. Sugarland Fall Festival - Actually, there are two posts about Sugarland Fall Festival - the buildup and the (anti) climax. I went through a whole spectrum of emotions during that time period.

Assembly Line - Bindings

My Quilts - See the Tent :-)
From frenzy and anxiety to rejection and hopelessness, to feeling very lucky, loved and blessed, to sobering reality that brought me full circle.  I can only hope that these posts capture some of that.


3. Squirrel Kisses - In third place is Squirrel Kisses. Joyce is the love of my life. Yes, Paul knows that. She is my adopted mom, my friend, my guide and my rock.

Lover's Knot Pattern - for Joyce

Squirrel Kisses tries to embody all my feelings for Joyce (love, regards and absolute admiration) into a quilt.

2. How I conquered the Green-Eyed Monster - This is a post about a very simple quilt that helped me come to terms with very ugly feelings.

Blocks for Playschool
This post is special to me because it is about self-examination (being honest with myself) and acceptance (yes, I am jealous) and action (do something about it) and finally emerging victorious over myself (I am not jealous any more).  I'll take that over world domination any day.

1. And finally, my best post of 2015 is about my quilt for me - Homeful!!! 
Quilting for three years and a blogger for just two, this blogpost was my recognition not just from fellow quilters but a quilting icon - Bonnie Hunter.

Homeful

Yes, that is correct.  Bonnie shared my Facebook post on her Quiltville page, praising me and my quilt. I was on Cloud Nine and I am still there today :-)

My favorite block!!!

That is not all. I wrote to her and she even wrote back :-)

2015 has been an amazing journey but more important it was an extremely fulfilling one too. There is absolutely nothing that I would change about it.

Thank you, Cheryl. You just helped me realize that!!!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! I love Homeful, it's my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your quilts. If I had to pick one it would be Homeful. I enjoy reading your blog and wish you all the best in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are wonderful, love squirrel kisses. I enjoy reading your blog posts, you are an excellent writer, they are always interesting! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love that you flew in just as the Linky doors closed. Preeti, you have had an amazing year! I remember loving Homeful, but did not know about the recognition and fun you had with Bonnie Hunter. It is good to look back at all you did and learned. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Here is the link to the snowman quilt on Lori Holt's Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/wEdbAKMM5Y/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great review. I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made beautiful quilts. Homeland is my favorite too. What a gorgeous quilt. Happy 2016. Look forward to your posts with new quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made some beautiful quilts this year. I remember the posts from the Sugarland Fall Festival. You learned from the rough parts and celebrated the good, that's a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sewing. Glad you had a great year.
    Kathleen Mary
    https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was fun re-reading your favorite posts. Congrats on getting recognition from Bonnie for Homeful! That quilt is such a "feel good: quilt! It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Homeful! Congrats on 2 years plus blogging. I'm a newbie too. Really enjoyed reading your best posts. Thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your house quilt. the little trees add so much to the overall look. great job. micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Homeful houses and trees quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, Preeti! That's awesome that Bonnie featured you. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and by the way...Cheryl of MMD....she is my new guild president! Awesome or what?

    ReplyDelete