Yes, it has been a while...
It is a challenge to time this blogpost after I am missed but before I am totally forgotten.
| Boxed-Mix |
This is Boxed Mix, a layer cake friendly quilt, I made for Summer 2026 issue of Quilter’s World.
Made using the Island Batik collection, Enchanted Flutter, Boxed Mix finished at 60" by 84".
We took the completed quilt for a photoshoot.
You know that the colors are stunning when you can fool a grasshopper to stop by and examine :-D
I modeled it on my bed. I took pictures of the label and I crushed on it.
Here is a picture from the magazine.
Screenshot of the online magazine version from my Library
But the quilt never got back to me. The UPS package containing the magazine and my quilt is lost. Multiple phone calls and inquiries have yielded nothing.
Expected in April, I filed a claim in May and I have given up hope now. Will you put your attention on Boxed-Mix and wish that it returns to me? I believe in the power of your positive thoughts.
I have completed all my Turquoise blocks for July's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Island Batik Scraps
Yes, I have been blue... So are the skies. Thank goodness for small mercies.
I will be sharing with Angela's Linky party including all my other favorites. See full list on the sidebar.
Such a sad story. I'm so sorry your quilt didn't find its way back to you. What a loss!
ReplyDeleteDon’t give up hope! It’s got to be *somewhere*. Maybe someone will rattle the right cage! In the meantime, at least you have photos. But dang, that’s a hard thing to have to deal with. Glad to see you back online. xo
ReplyDeleteYou have been missed. Whenever I ship a quilt, I never list it as 'quilt'. I only use 'fabric'. When "Boxed Mix" shows up, it will be as mum as a cat as to its whereabouts.
ReplyDeleteyou have really been missed, hope this is the end of whatever hardtimes have been had and that "blue skys " and "sailors delight" are ahead of you
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your missing quilt - and it really is a beauty - I'll keep my thoughts positive for a safe eventual return.
ReplyDeleteYou did an absolute beautiful job on it!
ReplyDeleteOh no, I'm so sorry about your missing quilt. It's a gorgeous one and I hope it turns up on your doorstep someday.
ReplyDeleteYou will never be forgotten Preeti!
I'm so sorry. I once had a quilt "vanish". I worked with a Long-armer who did drop/pickup at a LQS that had been around for years. Both parties claimed to not have it. I refused to pay the LA bill.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope yours is discovered in the lost and found and not gracing someone's bed!
Congratulations on your latest published quilt, Preeti! Please know that my heart is breaking for its loss in the mail. Here's hoping the shipping gods will deposit the missing package on your porch someday soon!
ReplyDeleteOh no that is awful that it never made it's way back to you! I will keep hoping it shows up someday as it is just a gorgeous quilt!
ReplyDeleteYou are never forgotten, and I am always happy to see a post from you! Boxed Mix is a beautiful quilt - the blues, greens, and purples are cool and calming. I'm so sorry it has disappeared, though! Sending out good thoughts to the universe that it will make its way home.
ReplyDeleteI always hesitate before shipping a quilt for this reason and I'm so sorry it happened. Hopefully it will turn up and surprise you someday soon! But it's a beautiful quilt. And I'm pretty sure that's a katydid (or cicada), not a grasshopper, admiring the quilt. Welcome back to blogland!
ReplyDeleteThat’s a gorgeous quilt. But what a tragedy that it’s lost! Mailing things has become increasingly uncertain, and I avoid sending quilts if at all possible, because they are essentially irreplaceable. No amount of money can really replace a homemade quilt.
ReplyDeleteDon’t give up on your quilt yet, though. I’ve heard of quilts, and other packages, which turn up after months and months. Be sure to file an official claim with all the information, including tracking number.
What has UPS said so far? And what information do you get from the tracking number?
Fingers crossed. 🤞
So sorry to read your quilt is MIA. I am sending good vibrations into the universe that it will make it back to you.
ReplyDeleteGosh, for any quilter mailing a quilt that is the worry…..I’m so sorry to hear that has happened to your beautiful quilt. Sends my out positive thoughts that it’s may yet turn up. On a side note, it’s good to see a posey from you!
ReplyDeleteI hope your quilt shows up one day that is one thing that is the problem about quilts and the mail. Was it insured? Such pretty colors - I guess you have been too busy to blog much this past year it seems we hear less and less from you
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt. Love the colors. Unbelievable that it is lost. I know you’d rather donate it than have it lost. Sending prayers to St Anthony. Laura
ReplyDeleteOh no, I sure hope that Boxed Mix will eventually find its way back home to you. Congratulations on the publication, and you are certainly missed while you are busy with other life adventures, but definitely not forgotten!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is one beautiful quilt and so sad that it is lost in transit. I do hope it shows up, having been abandoned in some dark corner. I have had quite a few go missing ... more now than during covid...kind of annoying. I had one package sent from here going to Canada: it went to NY, then to UK (why???), sat there for awhile, then back to NY, then to Canada...I think it took 2 weeks.
ReplyDeleteWe can hope and pray that this gorgeous creation finds it way back to you. In lieu of that, I hope whoever is lucky enough to find it appreciates it's beauty. "Closing the gate after the horse runs out" my mom used to say - we all have lost things. I put an address and return address label on the inside AND one on the quilt itself. There was a time I also added a card for the recipient to send back to me to tell me they got it. It's not lost, just taking the long way home.......
ReplyDeleteOh no! I hope it finds its way back to you! It's lovely, both in design and colors.
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine how terrible it must feel to lose a quilt. I feel UPS will come through eventually. All of my positive thoughts are going up in the universe to reunite you with Boxed Mix. Stay confident!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are focused. It is so beautiful and if someone is lolling around on it, AI hope they get hives!
ReplyDeleteYour posts are always a bright spot, so glad to hear from you, hope you are well and happy.
Oh no!!! I don't understand how all of these quilts go missing in transit when everything else seems to get delivered without adverse events interfering. Of course as I say that I am waiting on a light fixture that was never delivered, but I think in my case the company that was supposed to ship it never did. I hope your quilt returns to you soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your quilt is MIA, or missing after the action (at least it got to the magazine). I used to get Quilters World at the supermarket, and I thought I'd entered a subscription, but haven't gotten anything (and the magazine stand at the supermarket has been downsized). All that said, the design and the colorway are grand.
ReplyDeleteHaving a quilt lost in transit was my greatest worry when I sent my quilts out for quilting. Fingers crossed that it somehow finds its way back to you.
ReplyDeleteHow terrible to have your quilt missing in transit. That is a really beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteI almost cried when I read what happened to your quilt. I certainly hope it returns. It's such a beautiful quilt!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you returned to share your quilts and I pray that your quilt will be returned to you as well. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell. Blessings... Melva
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your beautiful quilt was lost, Preeti. I do hope you get it back one day. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful quilt. I hope it is just taking the scenic route and is back to you VERY soon!!! Power of Positive thinking!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry our beautiful quilt is missing. When I mail anything even a coloring book to the great grandson I put it in a plastic bag with his mailing info inside the bag just in case the box gets damaged or opened. Walmart is using a rated 1.2 delivery service. Sent us notice they could not deliver our package because they did not have a gate code. Husband replies WE DO NOT HAVE A GATE. You are on the wrong road! Got the same text again and that the pkg had been sent back. Husband gets a returned phone call. Person says to husband You need to correct your address. Husband replies We have lived here 27 years I KNOW MY ADDRESS. YOU need to hire competant delivery people. Our private road has a red sign, our mailbox has our house numbers on it. Your delivery was on a county road. Thanks I feel better now. Still did not get my flash deal.
ReplyDeleteHi Preeti, that is a really gorgeous quilt. I'm glad that you took such lovely pictures but I sure hope that it makes its way back to you! Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This! Take care.
ReplyDeleteI lost a box of three quilts once, so I suppose it could be worse. I'm so terribly sorry you are going through this. It's the worst kind of pain. I eventually remade all three quilts but it still hurts. I'm going to send nothing but positive thoughts your way! That quilt is going to turn up soon. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/29/wednesday-wait-loss-495