Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sherbet Quilt

Now that I had completed the two cute bundles for the double baby shower, I could get started, I mean restarted on Alex’s quilt. Right?

Wrong.

But why?

Because there is another baby shower. My dear friend Manveen’s cousin Tresa is pregnant with a little girl. When Manveen invited me to Tresa’s baby shower, I immediately recalled that I had so much fun going to Sukhveen’s baby shower last year. Sukhveen is Manveen’s sister and is now the proud mother of twins – Malcolm and Melanie.

I had made my first quilt for Sukhveen’s shower. I had not seen Sukhveen since the shower last year. I had not seen her twins either. And for all these reasons I just had to go to the shower. I so wanted to see the twins.

And therefore, once again, I placed Alex’s quilt away and started working (furiously) on a baby quilt for a girl. It is a good thing I had an orange/pink  jelly roll on hand. Trust me, when you need a quilt in a heartbeat, a jelly roll is the way to go.

So I just started playing with the colorful strips and lo and behold – a pieced top. I am going to call it Sherbet Quilt.

Yes, it still needs to be quilted and I need better pictures showing the border and the back. But you know me - I get excited! I had to share. The shower is on 2/15/14. Some mad scrambling now to find time between work days.


I completed the Sherbet Strips quilt on Feb 15, 2014, early morning on the day of the baby shower. But bad weather prevented the journey :-)  Tresa, I have your quilt. Hope to have it you soon.

Here is the completed quilt. It is 45" by 45" and was machine quilted on my Janome.



And here is the label. I named it Sherbet Strips, based on the recommendations received from the quilting forum.




3 comments: