Friday, January 14, 2022

Synergy in Make Modern #44

I have news!!!

My pattern Synergy is in the Make Modern Magazine, Issue 44.

Synergy in Make Modern #44


Meet Synergy. Measuring 56" by 70", Synergy is made entirely with Island Batik Solids, provided to me free of charge by Island Batik. It is good to be an ambassador :-)

Orange Foliage, Rainbow Quilt


My favorite :-)


Breeze was a Brat


More Fall Foliage


Oh my beauty!

The quilt was completed in November 2021. The  pictures were taken on November 14, 2021. All instructions and pictures were sent on November 20, 2021. And then I had to sit tight till NOW.  

Sitting Tight?

Sunny Side Up

You have no idea how hard these last few months have been for me. This is a very big deal to keep bottled for this long a time. Therefore I am relieved (thrilled and giddy with happiness too) that I can now share this news with you.

Forgive me if I got a little trigger-happy :-)

Cloudy

Breezy

Sunny

I highly recommend the Make Modern magazine. Whereas a single pattern may cost about $12, you can get the entire issue (with 10 terrific patterns) for just $12. The 105 pages are chock full of quilty goodness with detailed patterns, features and articles!!!


But there is more. Isn't there always?

I wanted to see Synergy pattern in different colorways. Using EQ8, I modeled Synergy in Tantalizing Teals. But got stuck on the choice of background color. White was too plain, Black was too dark and Grey was too dull. But Yellow was perfect.

There was just one problem. I had about 12" of Island Batik Solid Yellow.  I needed 2.5 yards. I reached out to Maryellen, a fellow IB ambassador who owns the Etsy store MaryMackMadeMine. Maryellen rushed the fabric to me. I recommend her Etsy store for all your Island Batik needs.

Synergy in Island Batik Tantalizing Teals

Thanks to Maryellen, I was able to complete the quilt and shoot pictures to time this blogpost with the publication of the Make Modern, Issue 44. 

Frozen Pond = Poor Reflection



Hello Yellow!!!


Synergy Goes Wild!



Lighting up the Urban Landscape


Fire on Ice!!!


Paul: Is this your January challenge quilt for Island Batik?
Me: It can be.
Paul: But?
Me: But I made another quilt as my response to the challenge.
Paul: You could've killed two birds with one stone.
Me: But I have so many stones...
Paul: And you like throwing stones?
Me: I like playing with fabric, especially such gorgeous fabric.
Paul: Why stop at one when you can make two?
Me: Exactly!!! You totally get me :-)


Cold Weather, Hot Quilt!!!

Although Synergy (in Island Batik Tantalizing Teals with Yellow background) fulfills all requirements of the January IB challenge (Step by Step), I am sharing it here as a Synergy pattern.  All fabrics were provided by Island Batiks.

Upcoming Posts 
January 21, 2022 - Unboxing Video and Post
January 28, 2022 - Step by Step Challenge 

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar. But I'd like to hear from you. Which Synergy do you prefer - Rainbow Synergy or Teals Synergy? 


51 comments:

  1. Both quilts are lovely, Preeti! Congrats on having your pattern in Make Modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are so pretty - congrats on being in the magazine - that must have really put a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are breathtaking! I love both colorways of this design. They are so different from each other, and each is striking in it's own way. Congratulations on making it into Make Modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on your quilt pattern being in Make Modern. I've not heard of this publication, but will have to look for it. Your quilts are gorgeous and I especially like the yellow and teal one. Great choice for the background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow with the blues and blue-greens is fabulous! The rainbow is great, of course, but the yellow really sings to me. Congratulations all around on your publication and two beautiful quilts. (And great pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Synergy is a beautiful quilt, Preeti! I live seeing it in both colorways, but I am really drawn to the rainbow version. Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The split coloring gives the large shapes extra interest and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Preeti! The rainbow one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pattern! Love the rainbow best. Congrats to you Preeti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the rainbow-who doesn't? but I am head over heels for the yellow with teals!!! It looks like a great pattern with lots of versatility!!
    Congrats on being published again:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both versions are lovely. I have used Maryellen's excellent store too when I needed something. I really love the teal gradations, they have to be my current favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the publication, being able to finally share a beautiful design, and having not only one but two quilts to show it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Both of them. But I love the Teal one the best. You now have me looking at two of my Navy colored jelly rolls with a yellow/cheddar background. Just re-subscribed to Modern Marks. Now to track down your pattern. Thank you. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being published yet again. I’m sure it’s something you’re going to have to get used to. Synergy is a great pattern, and your two quilts are fabulous and u inquest. My fave is…… um…… the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the publication and thanks for plugging my shop. The yellow really glows with the teals, good choice. And it almost looks like it changes shades against the different teals, very interesting effect, when it's a solid fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both so yummy! I looove a good rainbow but your TT with yellow really pack a punch. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both your quilts. But the multi colored is my favorite. And I really enjoy your photos. You have some great surroundings to take those pictures.Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're both very joyful (although I confess I prefer the first one), and you deserve both your accolade and the joy these quilts bring you after a fairly horrible December...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both versions of Synergy are beautiful. It's hard to pick a favorite of the two. Congrats on being selected as an ambassador this year. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all those lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both Synergys are beautiful! I cannot choose a favourite. Congratulations on being published once more, Preeti. No wonder you are "thrilled and giddy with happiness". Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the publication, Preeti!!!
    Both quilts are gorgeous, it is dificult choosing just one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on publication Preeti! I love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your latest quilt publication, Preeti!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! Both versions are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, Preeti! Both quilts are beautiful but I'm especially struck by your second version. The teal gradient effect against the solid yellow background is so unexpected and striking. You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, both are gorgeous! But I have to admit that when I saw Teals Synergy I made a loud "wow"! Yellow background... but yes, so yes!
    Thank you so much for sharing , and congratulations for being published in MM magazine!
    Thank you for linking up today too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with everyone above. I like both of them. Such positivity!
    Congratulations on being published yet again, and a second nomination for Island Batiks brand ambassador. Good things are flowing your way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's such a great pattern! Both are very beautiful, but I have to say the Tantalizing Teal really took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations, Preeti. Two exciting and colorful variations of your original pattern. You are very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, Preeti!!!! I was so excited to see your name in Make Modern! Synergy is beautiful! I especially love the original rainbow version but those teals are lovely as well--love it with the yellow solid! I never would have thought to put them together but it looks breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on being published, Preeti! You want me to pick a favorite? I don't think I can. I love the rainbow colors in the first one, and the bright yellow in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Preeti, congratulations on your quilt in Make Modern. It's a gorgeous quilt. I think that the yellow and teal is my favourite. It's sooo yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous. . .both of them and my favorite shot was of the reflection too! Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Brilliant. Brilliant that you got a pattern into Make Modern, brilliant that you are an Island Batiks ambassador for another year and both quilts are brilliant. Love all the photographs of both quilts. Just one question what is the matching pop of yellow behind you and the quilt at the pond?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous n all accounts! I love all things rainbow but the teal and yellow is just saying make me!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on having your pattern published. I love both of the colorways. I particularly enjoyed seeing all of the photos of the quilts in their glory, especially the photos with reflective images. Paul is a really patient quilt holder/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! It's a great pattern. Both versions are great. Good call on the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations on your publication and congratulations on two beautiful quilts, Preeti! I love them both but for some reason the Yellow one just tops the other as my favourite. Just as well I have a subscription to Make Modern...........!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations!!!! I love Synergy - and my favorite photo is where it reflects back at you - that is an amazing shot!!! Go you!!! and so proud you were able to keep it a secret - that had to be sooooo hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congratulations on Synergy! It's gorgeous - in both fabulous color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love them both. Congrats on Make Modern...

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations! They are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. They picked a great ambassador, and they picked a great pattern to publish (respectively). The rainbow one is lovely but that yellow and teal one is like being punched. in. the. face. by the sunshine in a cloudless sky....just the ticket for a chilly January. :) Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What?!? I didn’t comment on these gems? I need to come out from under my rock more often, I see! You’ve outdone yourself, Preeti. Im very concerned about you, though. Are you sleeping? Or sewing through the night?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations. Those teals really pop on the yellow! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congratulations on your pattern being published. Crazy how long it takes....

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congratulations on the publication of your gorgeous pattern! Wow! Both versions are just beautiful. The teal and yellow is fun, but I really really love the first one with the white background.

    ReplyDelete