Saturday, June 22, 2024

Feeling Blue

It is just the beginning of summer but the northern hemisphere is already scorching with record temperatures. Please stay cool and drink lots of water. 

Should you need any encouragement to stay indoors and sew, all my Etsy patterns are on sale - 20% off through July 8, 2024.

And click on the link to get 20% off on all Missouri Star Quilt Company purchases over $50.

Arabella's Garden - Pattern on Sale


It is Mari, the mild-mannered professor by day and a fierce quilter by night, who often begins her blogpost with a weather report. I have teased her about it. Thinking of Mari today, as she takes care of her family, while her blog/readers eagerly await her return. I am sending good wishes her way. 


Since Angela announced Blue for June's Rainbow Scrap challenge, my eyes have been searching for instances of blue in the nature. This is all that I found.

Robin's egg. More aqua than blue



Penny Mac, Bluish Purple

I could not find any true blue flowers. The Blue Jay never let me get close enough (for a decent picture) and the Bluebirds were never still to capture with my iPhone camera.


Blue Jay

I am working on my Blue blocks but they aren't done yet.

Island Batik Blue Hexies



Light Blue



Dark Blue

Whenever I see blue and yellow together, I think of Ukraine and her courageous people. 

Speaking of Blues, how can Blue mean both good and bad? We want blue skies but we don't want to feel blue. English language befuddles me everyday. 

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.





12 comments:

  1. When I see blue and yellow together I always think of my college years, and those were my school colors. Your blue and yellow hexies are so pretty in the batiks! We've had a blue jay visiting daily lately but haven't successfully photographed him. Your Arabella's Garden quilt is just gorgeous! I too have been thinking of Mari lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet hexies. In spite of the heat, I'm glad to see you made it outdoors for a few "blue" photos. Now get back to the cool sewing studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many words have multiple meanings - you aren't the only one befuddled by it! I love seeing your blue hexie flowers in progress. Stay cool, Preeti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arabella is so pretty and colorful, a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The English language is confusing for sure. Blue in nature other than the sky is elusive, but you have certainly had your eyes peeled for it. I hope you are staying cool and hydrated, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Machine sewn hexies, Preeti? My kind of EPP. And... SEW pretty in BLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have noticed that Mari has not been back yet and I hope she is doing well. It is hot isn't it - all over the world it seems and so early in the season - stay cool and continue your blue











    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blue hexies! I haven't had my hexie project out in a very long time-maybe it's time to get that finished up? So many projects......sigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have quite a few beautiful bluebirds who visit our bird feeder. Some days they catch the sun and look amazingly bright blue. And, then the yellow finches show up to show off too. I look out on the bird feeder while sewing. Good for you on making progress on the RSC blocks. I need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved that robin's egg blue. . .I marvel every time I see it. Your hexies are looking terrific! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Blues - and Blue skies are my favorite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some lovely blues for your hexi blocks. I really appreciate anyone that learns English as their second language. it's the only one I speak and I still have to look up how to use certain words!

    ReplyDelete