Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Fireworks and more!

Have you seen my newest finish? Fireworks was published in Make Modern Issue 59.

Published in MM#59


Fireworks was designed in EQ8 and made using Fire and Ice, an original collection designed by Claudia Pfeil. 




I love this pattern because it is not paper-pieced and requires no special rulers, making it very accessible to quilters of all skill-levels.  


I like big blocks :-)


Made of 12 large blocks, Fireworks finished at 60" by 79". The background and binding is Egg White, an Island Batik Neutral available all year round. The backing is Dove, an Island Batik Basic from the Bodacious Blacks.


Bold and Beautiful

I used variegated thread and my walking foot to quilt squiggly lines in a 2" grid.

Walking Foot Quilting


And one last picture!

Fireworks!


Issue 59 of Make Modern has several other fabulous patterns and articles. Do check it out.



In other news, I have completed my Aquamarine (Teals and Turquoises too) Hexie Blocks for July's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Here they parade for your approval :-) 


Light 


Dark

All scraps are Island Batik fabric. It is good to be an ambassador :-)  

Speaking of ambassadorship, I just received the Summer precut (10" squares) and matching yardage. 

Paradise Palms with 4 yards of matching yardage




I will be sharing with Angela's and all my other favorite linky parties, see full list on the sidebar. 

I will return next week with the Island Batik August Challenge - Marvelous Minis!

Please stay cool and hydrated. 

23 comments:

  1. Lovely job on "Fireworks", Preeti!!;))) Very evocative.
    Your aqua hexies are just so pretty--nice work on these. i find myself getting "hexie=fever"--time to start cutting for my project to make over
    the coming Winter...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireworks is so pretty, it's a lovely quilt! Your hexies look so cute, this quilt is going to be awesome, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilt! are you doing your hexies EPP or another method? pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am cheating at EPP. Folded hexies, placed on background, and stitched along the edges. Like applique but no raw edges.

      Delete
  4. Adorable hexie blocks and Fireworks is a great design! Those large blocks really give the fabrics room to sizzle and pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fireworks is a very fun quilt. Congrats on having another pattern published. Your teal hexies are all very pretty. Teal is such a beautiful color, but it's one that I don't have much of in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new quilt is very pretty, I see why you named it fireworks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fireworks is a beauty! I like knowing that it doesn't require any special rulers. Your newest fabric collection to play with is so pretty - gives me a feeling of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fireworks is bright and happy! Congratulations on a great finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/31/wednesday-wait-loss-391

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the publication - such a fun, bright and happy design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Preeti. Fireworks is spectacular and finished at a great size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fireworks design looks great and your colour selection works really well.
    A lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fireworks is fabulous! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning quilt Preeti - happy and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great quilt - and funny enough I have one like that in process , but with circles in the center... I had better find it and finish it!! Love the Colors of yours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Preeti, your Fireworks quilt is really lovely. Congrats on getting published again :-) I love those aqua hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! :-)

      Delete
  16. Such a pretty quilt! Aqua is one of my favourite colours. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your use of colour in your 'fireworks' quilt. Congrats on being published, quite an achievement😍

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sparkling quilt! Fireworks is charming and joyful. Love your cute hexies too 😉

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful finish and how terrific one can make it without special rulers or templates. You knocked it out of the park. . .again!!!! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun design! And so aptly named :) Though I can't figure out how to do it without FPP. Must be another genius idea by you. And congrats on the publication. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific teal blocks and fabulous Fireworks quilt!

    ReplyDelete