Saturday, August 5, 2023

More Island Batik Goodies

This week, we received the remaining supplies from Island Batik and I am happy to share them with you.

Solids - Four yards each of White, Dark Gray, and Black 




Summer Precut - 2.5" Strips of Vintage Charm. This is a Signature Collection designed by Kathy Engle for  Terri Vanden Bosch of Lizard Creek Quilting. It comes with matching yardage, two yards each of Valentino (dark pink) and Dandelion Crumbs (beige).





Stash Builders - 5" strips, 20 per pack.


Angela has announced the color for August. It is Yellow :-)

I love Yellow. It is the color of warm sunshine and flavorful curries.  It is the color of turmeric which is the main ingredient of the beauty concoction that is associated with brides and wedding ceremonies. Yellow is also the color of my favorite fruit - mangoes. 

Sorry, I did take off on a tangent. In any case, here are my blocks.

August is Yellow!


I believe I am ready to put together my RSC blocks into a flimsy. That post is coming later this month. 

Here is a sneak peek of my latest finish - a baby quilt using last year's RSC blocks.

Dinosaurs Rule!


Captain Hotpants :-D


I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties including Angela's. See full list on the sidebar.

17 comments:

  1. Captain Hotpants!!! Of course. It will be fun to see what you do with your newest fabric goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? another box? hooray! Love captain hotpants, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate that Island Batik sends you generous supporting yardages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinosaur backing will be a hit. Might get used as much as the front.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinosaurs on the back? It will make one kid reaaaally happy! Congrats on the finish and enjoy your new goodies ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dinosaurs on the back of the baby quilt. Vintage Charm is really lovely, I'm a sucker for saturated colors. Looking forward to seeing what projects develop for the most recent fabric lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty yellow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh! I love that dandelion fabric!!!! Very cute backing for the baby quilt. Bet you've got tons of ideas floating around now with so much gorgeous fabric added to the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the first batiks I've seen that have that 30s vintage vibe. Very pretty!! Love the back of that baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore those yellow blocks! They are so full of sunshine. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/09/wednesday-wait-loss-340

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to have beautiful fabrics appear in your mailbox. The yellow looks so pretty right now. Ann at Fret Not Yourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow is my absolute favorite color. Sadly you just don't see too many using yellow in their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valentino is delicious! Love the plaid binding on your Dino quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such yummy yellow blocks full of happiness and sunshine! Can't wait to see your RSC quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to seeing all of those pretty yellow blocks in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your quilts and blocks...and of course, the IB goodies! Those yellow blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, lovely new batiks, they are all gorgeous, but my eyes were captivated by the Vintage charm pack! Wonderful yellow blocks, they shine! Cute little guy too ;)
    Thank you for sharing these beauties, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete