Friday, July 28, 2023

Accuquilt: Covering the World

Covering the World: One Quilt at a Time

Beginning in June 2023, AccuQuilt is partnering up with Island Batik in a pay-it-forward campaign called “Covering the World: One Quilt at a Time.” If you wish to participate in this effort, you can find the details here.



I chose to make two quilts - Sea Salt and Rainbow Kiss.

Sea Salt is a baby sized version based on my Masala Box pattern. I picked out bright blues and greens from the Island Batik Basics (these are available all year round) and paired them with Island Batik solid white background.

Sea Salt

Quilted using my walking foot, this cute baby quilt came together in just one weekend.  The binding is Island Batik Solid Light Grey.


Baby ready!


Sea Salt finished at 36" square and will join other quilts (from my quilt guild) going to the Inova Fair Oaks Hospital's Premie Graduation. These quilts accompany the premie babies when they "graduate" from NICU to go home.  


Brightness

I will be handing Sea Salt over to Jeanne in my quilt guild who takes them to the Fair Oaks Hospital.


I made Rainbow Kiss for GSAFE. GSAFE increases the capacity of LGBTQ youth and students, educational staff, and families to create school environments where all LGBTQ youth and students thrive.

Image Courtesy - GSAFE


Using Fabrics from Island Batiks Blenders (available all year round), I pieced the strips in a rainbow-ish order. 

Island Batik Blenders



Stitched Strips


Then I cross cut the strip set into strips and arranged and rearranged them till I was happy with it.

Design Wall


Everyone is welcome!

I quilted, following the seams with my walking foot.  The binding is Sprinkles (Island Batik Neutral). Rainbow Kiss finished at 42" by 46" and will join other quilts in Wisconsin for the annual GSAFE auction later this year. 


Here they are both - Sea Salt and Rainbow Kiss, my contribution to the Accuquilt's Cover the World event.


Off we go!

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.

21 comments:

  1. both are amazingly beautiful,so bright & cheerful,they are sure to bring joy to the child that receives it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are very happy quilts! They make me smile and they'll make their new owners happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that rainbow --and a nice do-able size, too. Did you use full strips or cut them to some other length? {If I may ask}
    I have two gradient jellies: one in blues and the other in pinks..maybe they would do well in this setting. As I am de-stashing and only using what's on hand, I am always looking for pattern ideas : -))) thanks so much for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are so pretty, and will be going to very deserving groups. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink Tulip QuiltingJuly 28, 2023 at 11:28 AM

    Both Beautiful! And very deserving organizations! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely and I'm sure will do a lot of good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! What fine and deserving causes you've helped, and given us some ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are beautiful. I still love the title of Preemie Graduation. And you know that my heart loves the vibrant rainbow ;) Hope it will raise lot of money for this worthy cause. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts turned out beautifully. Love the rainbow colors in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Especially love Sea Salt of blues and greens. The Rainbow Kiss is lovely and cheerful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, happy quilts, Preeti! Sounds like they're going places where they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful, happy quilts to cover the world with kindness and compassion. They are so beautiful and the recipients will know the love that went into them, when they are wrapped in their quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilts, joyfull and bright, they will be pretty gifts for donation. Beautiful causes too.
    Thank you for sharing your quilts and the links, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these quilts just speak to me. I too like the idea of preemie graduation. I had to give a look to where the Rainbow Kiss quilt was going. What a great place and so needed based on what has been happening in too many states. I hope our own doesn't treat transgender kids so poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding, Preeti, in result and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quilts for some awesome charities! What a great event AccuQuilt is hosting. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/02/wednesday-wait-loss-339

    ReplyDelete
  17. Preeti, these are both fantastic quilts. I know the recipients will welcome them. Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete