Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Island Batik 2024 - Unboxing 1

I am excited that I made the cut for 2024. I am one of the 26 brand ambassadors selected by Island Batik. This is where I show off my newest fabrics and supplies generously provided by Island Batik and other industry partners include Schmetz Needles, Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Designs, Hobbs Batting, Oliso Smart Iron and Funky Friends Factory.

Here is the Unboxing Video.

Here are the supplies.

Breezy by Kate Colleran Designs


In February, I will be using this half yard bundle of Breezy (Original Collection by Kate Colleran) to make the Log Cabin Lap/Throw size quilt.  In the video, I show the unopened bundle but you have to get close to see these beautiful colors.

Fabrics from the Breezy collection


The matching yardage in deep purple and palest pink is so pretty :-)

Two yards each of Leaf Pile-Purple and Tea Rose (Precious Pinks)

The Log Cabin challenge and Blog Hop will have prizes and giveaways. Make sure to revisit in February.


Thanks to a generous supply of Solid Neutrals in Black, White and Light Grey, we always have plenty of background options. They also make perfect backings. 

Island Batik Solids - Black, Light Grey and White


My box also included six yards of Platinum - a light grey perfect for background and backings.

Island Batik Neutral - Platinum


I also received 12 half yard cuts from Island Batik Foundations. These include four solids, four basics and four blenders. Island Batik Foundations are available all year round. 


Island Batik Foundations - Blenders, Basics & Solids


Stash Builders are a set of 5" wide strips, 20 per pack. They are the perfect resource to make a scrappy quilt and easily lend themselves into 2.5" strips, 5" squares and more.

Stash Builders - 5" strips, 20 per pack


My box came with two precuts from the Island Batik Basics regrouped into the Gradations - Brilliant Blues and Tantalizing Teals. 

Brilliant Blues - 10" Squares



Tantalizing Teals - 2.5" Strips


I received a pack of 10" squares of the Prisms Collection. Prisms is a signature collection designed by Kathy Engle for Claudia Porter. It comes with matching yardage, two yards each of Champagne (Island Batik Neutral) and a Dark Green Blender (BE31-G1).

Winter 2023 Prisms - Signature Collection by Kathy Engle for Claudia Porter




My box also included a 2.5" Strip Set of Monarch Collection, designed by Kathy Engle. It came with matching yardage, two yards each of Buttermilk (Island Batik Neutral) and Red Blender (BE29-B1)

Fall 2023 Monarch designed by Kathy Engle







From Schmetz Needles, I received a set of needles and a handy luggage tag showing a graphic
of needle types.

Needles for Piecing, Quilting, Costume, and Vinyl


Oliso, a new industry partner, generously provided a smart iron to each of the ambassadors. Mine is yellow :-)





From our industry partners at Studio 180 designs, I received a Corner Beam Ruler. I will be using this ruler to make a quilt for the May project - Create for a Cause. 

Studio 180 Designs - Corner Beam Ruler


I received two batts of throw size Cotton-Wool Blend batting from the Tuscany Collection by Hobbs Batting.

Hobbs Tuscany Collection - Throw Size Cotton Wool Blend Batting

Hobbs will be sending more batting in the coming months. We will also receive threads from Aurifil and I will be sure to show you when I do.


We will be making a toy in April, using a design of our choice. The pattern is generously provided byFunky Friends Factory. I will be making the Dachshund dog :-)




I will be sharing the February Island Batik Challenge and BlogHop Project on February 6, 2024. Hope you will revisit. I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar. 


Disclosure: The fabrics are provided by Island Batik. 



The batting is provided by Hobbs.


The needles are provided by Schmetz Needles.




















The Corner Beam Ruler is provided by Studio 180 Design.













The smart iron is provided by Oliso.












The toy pattern is provided by Funky Friends factory


25 comments:

  1. The fabrics are beautiful! I've had an Oliso iron for years. I love it but I never use water in it, I use a spray bottle. I'm looking forward to seeing all the lovely quilts you make this year, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a beautiful grouping of fabrics to use. I look forward to seeing all the fabulous quilts and projects you made. And wow, an Oliso professional iron? That's a really awesome industry partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such deliciousness!! I look forward to seeing what you create in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine opening a box like like that!! Such beautiful batiks!! And I got the Oliso Smart Iron For Christmas and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of fabric! and a lot of fun to come. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That is almost overwhelming. I have made a few quilts with batiks that were part of my LQS BOMs but I have never bought batiks specifically for a pattern of my own. I do like how the quilts turn out but I just don't get a vision for anything when I see batiks on a shelf. After seeing this load of batiks, I am certainly interested in seeing what you do with them. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your beautiful collections, looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous fabrics and wonderful colors. Looking forward to seeing your creations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful box of goodies and I do love the corlorways you received!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooooooooooh, soooo pretty! 'Monarch' is so you. And I look forward to your travels with your doxie (dog pattern)! Can't wait to see what you make with all those riches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you got some pretty colors in your box! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous collections! So hard to choose a favorite because I really love them all. You'll make great things with them I know. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/24/wednesday-wait-loss-364

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Preeti, those all sound amazing. Congrats on being an Ambassador once more. It's a lot of work but you'll be well supplied! Thanks for sharing your box with us at Free Motion Mavericks 😀

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is fantastic! What an absolute treasure trove of goodies - I will look forward to seeing all that you create; those Breezy fabrics are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bunch of fabulous items! Can't wait to see what you do with them. I may get an oliso myself, I do have a birthday this year! Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your fabric and accessories are only exceeded by the exciting plans you have for 2024. What fun you will have. Ann at FretNotYourself

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for taking up close and personal pictures of the latest goodies you received. I'm salivating. Looking forward to seeing the various projects you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great bunch of fabrics, Preeti!! I'll be looking forward to seeing all you will create. I'm particularly interested in your review of that pattern from Funky Friends Factory, as I've got one of their patterns set aside to make "one of these days."

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful bunch of fabric, Preeti! You know my favorite is that deep purple leaf. I think I need some of that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. You lucky girl, you! I love my Oliso iron because it has auto shutoff, but with a much longer 30 minutes before it shuts off so if I sit down to chain piece, my iron is still hot when I get up to press my seams. And the Hobbs Tuscany 80/20 Cotton/Wool blends is one of my favorites! I am looking forward to seeing all of your ambassador projects this year, but ESPECIALLY the little dachshund toy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a glorious bunch of fabric. It'll be fun to jump into each project. Hope you continue to have fun with all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Studio 180 rulers! And oooh, such gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How bright and fun are all your amazing fabrics! What fun you will have creating the amazing quilts you will make!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, a lot of marvels! I love this Breezy collection, the Monarch too is so very beautiful. You are going to sew gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Big congrats on being an ambassador again! And I am sure it was a lot of fun unpacking all your new treasures :) xo

    ReplyDelete