Tuesday, January 30, 2024

I am published!

No, this isn't the first time, but I still feel giddy every time I see my name in print, even if it is digital. 

Kashvi was published in Make Modern #55


Kashvi, 60" by 80"

It is a jelly-roll pattern made using Island Batik collection Vintage Charm.



It is a lovely floral collection - airy, delicate and bright. Start this quilt now and you will be celebrating Spring in style.

Instead of choosing a white/black or gray background, I chose the Island Batik Solid - Cobalt Blue.  Isn't it refreshing?  


Bright & Beautiful


The backing is Frosting from the Island Batik Neutrals. It has light grey flowers on a white background, supporting my desire for Spring.

Frosting Backing




Labelled


Kashvi is an easy, beginner-friendly pattern. All you need is a jelly roll of your choice and a contrasting background. Detailed instructions and colored graphics will ensure that you have a quilt in no time. 

Get your copy in my Etsy Shop. And if you order by Monday, February 5, 2024, you can get it at a 20% discount.

The promise of Spring


On my bed!


Granny Long Legs and Arabella's Garden are also on sale. In case, you had your eye on these patterns, this is the time to get them. Sale ends on February 5, 2024.

______________________________________________________


My Sunshine Garden was published in Annie's Scrap-Happy Quilts.


It is the one on the top left, with yellow and orange suns. Here are some pictures showing the quilt WITH the magazine :-D

I am published!


Scrap Happy!!!



Do you see the shimmer?


Although My Sunshine Garden is a scrap-friendly pattern, I used the Island Batiks Flutter Wings Collection, designed by Kathy Engle. It is coming to stores in February.




This is a bright and cheerful collection, perfect to capture happiness in a quilt.  Here are some more pictures.

Thank you, Paul!


My Sunshine Garden




Inspired by Nature?


In my backyard


Here comes the sun :-)


Love these colors!

________________________________________________

I completed my January RSC blocks. Here they are.



I have a feeling that the contrasting centers in the Hexie flowers will create a lot of interest in the finished quilt. 

I decided to make all the green blocks together. The Avocado, Mint, Grass, Spinach, Pea soup, Pine and even Hunter. Because it is hard to work with Hunter (Pine and Forest don't help) alone. I will be sharing with Angela's Linky party. See full list on the sidebar. 




Angela said that February will be Red.  Let's see if I can find enough red scraps. Hope you found some joy and inspiration here. Won't you let me know? Please, pretty please :-)

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your being published;))) Very deserving!!
    I love your hexagon RSC blocks for January...nice work I come to your blog for inspiration for sure;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Sunshine Garden pattern that is gorgeous - congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being published! The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cobalt blue background for Kashvi is really a lovely way to frame the prints in the jelly roll you used. Also, I looked up what kashvi means and it seems like the perfect name for the quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so affirming to see one's name in print! And your designs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using blue as the background fabric really makes Kashvi sing! Sunshine Garden is my favorite of the two, I am so in need of sunshine and the bright colors make me happy. Congratulations on being published! I'd be excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on continuing to be published, Preeti! I love both quilts. The cobalt blue background is wonderful with those pretty flowery batiks in Kashvi. I need to look harder to find those Island Batik lines - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your color choices radiate joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Two beautiful quilts and your hexies are lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your most recently published quilts, Preeti! Lovely GREEN blocks for the RSC, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kashvi is beautiful and that cobalt background was absolutely the perfect choice -- not too dark, not too light, not too bold. Lots of pretty quilts and hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being published again. I can understand how exciting it has to be. Looks like a terrific book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having a quilt design published must be such a thrill! I'm so happy you've gotten to experience that feeling again! So Preeti! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quilts! Congratulations on the publications. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Sunshine Garden is what we need right now.
    I'm loving the texture your squiggly quilting gives on the Kashvi quilt.
    Your energy is astonishing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on being published! you quilts are great, as usual! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kashvi is a fantastic quilt. Simple and striking! Congrats! Sunshine Garden is pretty fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Sunshine Gardens quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You make beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on being published! Your Sunshine Garden is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving Sunshine Garden. Those colors are just what we all need right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! You totally deserved it, and your Kashvi quilt is bright and cheerful! Sunshine Garden is also gorgeous, I love these vitamin-rich colors!
    Lovely green blocks ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! Always happy for a fellow quilter! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on being published! Well deserved! The quilt is pretty, I really like the cobalt blue background, bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the blue background. It is always so fun to see a dark background as the neutral. Exciting to have another published pattern. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful quilts and hexie blocks. I love the blue background with the 1930s style prints. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful projects each and every one. Congratulations on being published more than once!!! Your projects are always so bright and happy which makes me smile every time!---TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, to be so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love all the colourful quilts! Congrats for getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Preeti, congrats on both of your quilts being published. I absolutely love your Sunshine Garden quilt. I made one of those blocks a few years back but I'm not sure that I'm ready for a whole quilt! I love your hexies. They look great and will make a lovely scrappy quilt. The centre of the hexie flowers are very important! Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I bet it is an awesome feeling - well worth to treasure every time! I love your suns. The pictures with the magazine are fun and I am so in love with the last photo of the quilt with all the flowers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on the Publishing!!! Beautiful Quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful quilts, Preeti. Congrats on your publication. I really LOVE that cobalt blue background in the first quilt! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!!

    ReplyDelete