Friday, October 4, 2024

Snapshot Bags, By Annie

The October Challenge requires the Island Batik Ambassadors to make a bag using Patterns by Annie. We get to choose the bag and the fabrics :-) Pretty sweet. Isn't it?

I chose to make the Snapshot Bag in both sizes - Small and Large. Here are my supplies.


Pattern, Fabrics, Zippers, Hardware and more


The fabrics are from the Daisy May Collection.




Interfacing and Stabilizer

Annie's Bag patterns are really the very best with detailed instructions and videos to help you through the trickier steps, like Annie was holding your hand :-)





 

Outer Pocket Done!


I started by cutting out fabrics, interfacing and lining for both bags. But somewhere down the line, it got too much.  There was one step in the making of the welt pocket, where I was stumped.  The image showed the pocket smaller than the bag, but my pocket extended beyond the bag.


Inside Pocket


The images in the pattern sheet showed only the small bag with big bag dimensions included in brackets. So I set the large bag aside and completed the small bag.


Straps and Rings (sounds naughty)


Then it was time for a vacation :-) A long overdue vacation :-D To Hawaii!!!!!

Of course I took the small bag with me.

On the Dinner Cruise (Front View)


Matching Colors in the Sky :-)


The Storyteller in Waikiki (Back View)


The idea was to take some on location pictures, but the Small Snapshot turned out to be the perfect bag for evenings and short excursions. 


Wearing Cross Body

Once we returned, I completed the big bag. I was needlessly worried about the welt pocket. Once it was folded it fit neatly within. Time for pictures showing both bags.


What do you think, Bob?


I had to show Bob the inside pocket - how roomy it could be once unfolded and opened to its full size. 

Roomy Interiors


Thank you, Bob!



Bright & Sunny Bags

Small (folded) + Large (Opened) = Happy me!

Snapshot is a simpler bag since it requires no quilting or binding. But it still had several layers and a new Schmetz Microtex 90/14 Needle is an absolute must to sew through multiple thick layers.

I have a backpack, an ultimate very spacious travel bag, storage units in three sizes, and evening bags/purses. I think I am all set. Wonder what I will make next? What else could I possibly need? I welcome your ideas :-)

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making and getting time to go on vacation. Hawaii is such a beautiful state for exactly that. The bags are useful AND pretty! Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag, wonderful vacation, looks like you were having a ton of fun for the photo shoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bags! They're so bright and sunny. Tell Bob I said "hello".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bags! Annie's has such awesome bag patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob wears it VERY well - its a perfect color for him!! What a great bag - and you can use it so many ways!! Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags turned out great! I just posted a tutorial on my blog pattythequiltlady.blogspot.com on how to make a project bag. I use these bags for counted cross stitch project as well as custom sizes for organizing things in my backpack. Having one just for charging cords is great! They are vinyl front, but I am not gentle with my bags and they have held up just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags turned out great! I just posted a tutorial on my blog pattythequiltlady.blogspot.com on how to make a project bag. I use these bags for counted cross stitch project as well as custom sizes for organizing things in my backpack. Having one just for charging cords is great! They are vinyl front, but I am not gentle with my bags and they have held up just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bags Preeti, and the photo shoots are next level!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawaii is the only state I have not been to and would love to see it. Your bags look just right for travel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hawaii is the perfect holiday destination, we have been lucky to been there twice from New Zealand. The bags are great, and the colour really suits your sunny personality.

    ReplyDelete