Friday, September 9, 2022

Pattern, Sale & BlogHop too!

I have so many things to share that I could just explode.
Breathe, breathe, just breathe, Paul said.

1. Topsy Turvy is now available as a stand alone pattern in my Etsy Store.

Topsy Turvy in Honeycomb Fabrics


I first made Topsy Turvy using the scraps left over from the Island Batik "Make it Modern" Blog Hop and Challenge.  Many refinements later, making it suitable for 2.5" precut strips, writing and rewriting and then correcting the pattern, Topsy Turvy is now available as a standalone pattern.   

Here are a few more pictures.

Basting and Ironing


Topsy Turvy is a Lap/Throw size quilt finishing at 55" by 68".  I made it using the Island Batik's Honeycomb collection, designed by Kathy Engle for Jackie Kunkle of Canton Village Quiltworks. This collection should be available in your local quilt stores this month.


Labelled

Walking Foot Quilting

The binding matches the background. The blocks may look precarious as they float on the background. But there is one bit of whimsy in the binding  - a pop of color. It makes me smile. Do you see it? The pop, not my smile.


In the wind

I am in love with Topsy Turvy because it is so versatile. You can make it with one collection, a few fabrics or go completely random and scrappy. 


The reflection!!!



I am sure you would like to see this done a few different ways. And that brings me to my awesome pattern testers.

Ahead of the pattern release, Nancy, Wendy, Karen, Turid and Yvonne agreed to test drive Topsy Turvy and they will be sharing their versions beginning today. Please visit their blogs  - for they may have giveaways. Here is the line-up.

BlogHop Schedule
September 9, 2022 - Nancy
September 10, 2022 - Karen 
September 11, 2022 - Turid
September 12, 2022 - Wendy
September 13, 2022 - Yvonne

The Topsy Turvy pattern is on sale (25% off) till September 15, 2022.  I am dying to hear your thoughts.


2. Frolicking Fish is published in Make Modern #48

Here are some pictures from the Photoshoot. 

Fish at the Dining Table?


How do I look?

Do you see the texture?


These pictures were taken at my friend Manveen's new house. The quality of the light in this house would cause a major battle among quilters. Fortunately I can use the house without having to pay the rent/mortgage :-D

Raj, Manveen's husband, who has a home office wondered aloud - "How would those fish look like in my office? Like a wall-hanging, you know." I was only too happy to gift the wall-hanging/table runner to him. 


With Manveen. Raj is the photographer


And one more picture of these fabulous frolicking fish!

Scrappy & Yummy


So my love affair with Make Modern continues. This is my third pattern in the magazine. If you have not met Make Modern, you are missing out. Published every other month, it is 100+ pages of patterns, tips, techniques, interviews and so much more.


3. Remember when I was feeling disappointed at the rather lukewarm response to the Positivity 2022 QAL, because there were only six link-ups?  Me of little faith...tch tch tch.

Bernie informed me that there were nine quilters/contributors who made 10 quilts. Adding one from Bernie and one mine (Naman) brought the tally up to 12. Just when I was beginning to feel okay, I received an email from Jenn, with three quilt pictures, which she will be delivering directly to the Mercyful Hospital.  I know Paulette is working on completing hers. That is 16!!! 

From Jenn, #1. Puppy wins!!!

From Jenn, #2


From Jenn, #3


I am ashamed and thrilled.  

____________________________________________________

But enough about me. What rare combination of feelings are you experiencing today?

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.

Don't forget the Topsy Turvy Blog Hop. Here is the schedule, once again!!! You don't wanna miss it.

BlogHop Schedule
September 9, 2022 - Nancy
September 10, 2022 - Karen 
September 11, 2022 - Turid
September 12, 2022 - Wendy
September 13, 2022 - Yvonne

23 comments:

  1. the quilt and the fish wall hanging/topper look great I especially like it on that long table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many amazing things going on in your quilt-world, Preeti!!! Love the Topsy Turvy!!! It's a super fun make!!! The fish are so modern and fresh! Lucky Raj! And wonderful that 16 quilts were made and donated to Mercyful Hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pattern release, publication in Make Modern, and that is amazing that 16 quilts will be sent to Mercyful Hospital. I love that Raj liked Frolicking Fish so much that it is now in his office. :) As for my combination of feelings, I'm tired and excited: we just received a dumpster so we can finally get rid of a lot of the stuff from the hangar that we cannot use or find a new home for. Hooray! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - no wonder Paul was telling you to breathe! Topsy Turvy was such a fun quilt to make, and I love your version with that little fun thing in the binding (I see your smile too, by the way)! The fish are such fun - I might need that pattern. Yay for the many quilts donated to Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy lady! Topsy Turvy is a fun design - love yours in the bright colors and, yes, I see that surprise in the binding. I saw the cool fish runner in Make Modern, too! Quilters are so generous! If we can't join in with the QAL, we make a different quilt and send it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the two lovely patterns! How fun to have your fishy runner in your friend's husband's office. I am sure it will make him smile while he works. Glad for all the positivity quilts! Quilters do pull through and give so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you are so excited :) Congrats on all the good news. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - Topsy Turvy is so striking! I am excited to see how the pattern testers interpret it. The colors in yours are so pretty, and yes - very modern. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Topsy Turvy is such a versatile pattern -- I love Nancy's version with the bright aqua inner rectangles and I'm looking forward to seeing what your other pattern testers have cooked up for you! As lovely as Manveen's home may be, the smiles on your faces in that beautiful photo of the two of you completely outshines the naturally light streaming into the windows. Glad to see all of these good things happening for you, Preeti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on those patterns and publications Preeti. I really love your designs, so simple and yet so pretty, and with lots of opportunities to make it your own style. Thank you for asking me to test Topsy Turvy. It won't be my last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours used in the Topsy Turvy quilt. Colours I wouldn't think to put together

    ReplyDelete
  12. Topsy Turvy and all the quilts you shared are so Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Topsy Turvy looks great!!! Love those colors ! and the fish - I bet they are happy hanging on the wall
    Ps - don't forget Julie donated three tops that I quilted and sent for your Quilt drive too ;-) ( so add them to the total)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow! (Yes, I lack English words to express my feelings...). Let me try: wow, your new pattern is stunning ! I love everything in it, color placement, shapes, black and white accents!
    Wow, these fishes are so cute! Lucky Raj, and what a beautiful house and light to make them sparkle!
    Wow, 16 donation quilts, and beautiful ones.
    See? Wow, wow, wow ;))
    Thank you for sharing so much happiness, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Preeti, I'm so happy that your Positivity 2022 QAL turned out so well. Congrats on both your new pattern and the fish runner in Make Modern. I guess I should go download my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the Positivity quilt pattern. The blocks are great fun to make. I am making a Positivity quilt which will be donated locally (I am in Australia). I wasn't able to follow the QAL timetable due to family circumstances, but yesterday I sandwiched the quilt, and it will be finished this month. Please don't be discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Topsy Turvy…and love the fish!! Great quilt designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly amazing about Positivity 2022 QAL! Actually your entire post was full of amazing color, pattern and design. I going to check out Make Modern. . . --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a champ for encouraging all these beautiful donation quilts. Congratulations on your newest pattern, too. It's also nice when a friend wants to hang one of our quilts, isn't it? So many joys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better about the Positivity 2022 QAL. It was a pleasure to sew because your patterns are always so understandable and easy to adapt to all kinds of fabrics. I'm sure Topsy Turvy is as well, judging by the other renditions by other quilters. Congratulations on getting published so many times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm usually not a fan of yellow, orange, and pink together, but it looks great on this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that Frolicking Fish! You're right, that house has awesome light. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun new pattern, Preeti, and congrats on 16 quilts for Mercyful Quilts!!

    ReplyDelete