Sunday, September 4, 2022

Prizes, Prizes, Prizes!!!

Today, the Positivity QAL comes to an end with the announcement of the winners. 



Thanks to the unexpected generosity  of our sponsors - Art Gallery Fabrics, Benartex and Island Batik, we had enough prizes for everyone who completed a Positivity Quilt.

Here are the winners:

Mari, Lisa T, Katie May, Roseanne, Sue Hoover, Danielle, Cynthia, Sylvia, and Wendy F.

Emails have been sent to all winners. While I wait for your addresses, I am stuffing goodies in padded envelopes. So excited!!!


Sunday Update - Prizes have been sent to Katie May, Roseanne, Sylvia and Sue. Mari and Lisa have received their prizes. I drove north to meet with Mari and Lisa. Totally worth it!!!

Congratulations to all of you and thank you so much for making this QAL a success.

Thank you, Bernie. You are my partner in crime.

Thank you Mari. You keep me sane.

Ladies that Lunch - Lisa (hand only) and Mari


Hello Lisa. You are my new quilty friend. What else do I call you if you begin with cute fabrics and end with peach tart?  

From Lisa, for me!!!

Peach Tart +Vanilla Ice cream = Taste of Summer

We happily ate with vanilla ice-cream :-) A perfect way to celebrate summer and the end of a successful QAL.


In other news, Angela has announced the color for September and I just might complete my blocks before the end of the month. Here are my fabrics - at least a start.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - September is Bright Blue


Island Batik has announced the Tool Talk Challenge and Blog Hop. Check the IB blog for the complete schedule and fabulous giveaways.  




I have completed the flimsy and will begin quilting soon. I am working with Honeycomb collection, an absolutely yummy collection designed by Kathy Engle for Jackie Kunkel of Canton Village Quiltworks, coming to a fabric store near you in September.

Gorgeous Fabrics!!!


Work in Progress


I will post on September 14. Will there be a giveaway of my own? Hmmm... only one way to find out :-)

Sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar. 

Hope your long weekend is just as peachy and sweet.  

15 comments:

  1. Awarding prizes is so fun. I think it is more fun that actually getting prizes! I like your work in progress very much. The dynamic contrast sure makes the top interesting!--TerryK@OngoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had a successful QAL, and so nice for everyone to win a prize! How fun to meet up with Mari and Lisa, and have peach tart, too. Yum! Your new project looks like it's just made for peach season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for prizes and meetups with quilty friends! Looking forward to your studio 180 project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many announcements!! I am jealous of your peach tart and ice cream with two awesome quilters!! My winner’s packages will go out Tuesday- totally forgot that tomorrow is a postal holiday too. Thanks Preeti!! xo, Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a chance to pull my blue scraps yet. I am still working on orange! Bernie got my address from me. So I am assuming my prize is on its way too. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on another successful QAL! I wish I had been able to participate this year, but there were too many other things happening. Love your new batiks project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Your QALs are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy seeing your quilts and I LOVE your work in progress! You are such a quilting inspiration. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you were able to visit in person and deliver a few prizes with out shipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mouth watering fabrics for your newest project. Peaches and strawberries.

    Congratulations to all the ladies that FINISHED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have loved to visit with you, Mari, and Lisa. If only I Iived closer! The peach tart with ice cream looks like a winner too! Beautiful fabrics you were working with. I'll definitely be tuned in on the 14th! I hope you're having a great, relaxing Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Preeti! Thank you so much for the prize. We will put it to good use with another charity quilt. I think that is the perfect way to pay it forward, don't you? Thank you to Bernie, too. You two make a great team. I look forward to next year's QAL. GORGEOUS fabrics to use for the next IB challenge. I love those colors! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! if I knew you were taking my picture I would have dressed better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun drive to meet some great people!!!Glad you had fun. and congrats on a great quilt drive - I know all the quilts will be loved ;-) It was fun to quilt Julies and play a small part in it ....can't wait to see what you are making with those gorgeous bright batiks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A successful QAL for sure. I hoped to build that block, but life got in the way. I will at some point in the future and then I will donate to Mercyful Quilts. It's a great cause. Oh my, that peach tart looks yummy. It is definitely peach season all over!

    ReplyDelete