Saturday, March 23, 2024

Nishat and Meteor Shower

Nishat was published in Annie's Bright & Colorful Quilts


Nishat


Designed in EQ8 and made using the Flutter Wings Collection, Nishat embodies the spirit of famous terrace gardens in Kashmir, India.




Flutter Wings Collection is available in quilt stores now.
I used Egg White (Island Batik Neutral) as background.  The binding is Fiery Orange. 

Everything ok here?


Spring has Sprung!


Nishat finished at 64" by 88" and I am very happy with it.



Swirling Spring






Published!!!



She walks in beauty

_______________________________________________________________

Meteor Shower was published in Colorful Quilts for Kids.

Finished & Published








Meteor Shower is a layer cake friendly pattern and finishes at 51" by 59.5".  

Meteor Shower


I used the Island Batik Constellations Stack (10" squares) to make this quilt.  No background fabric required. The backing is Blurple :-D  I used my walking foot to quilt it. The binding is light gray solid.  


Labelled



Meteor Shower was instantly claimed by Joyce and I am happy that the quilt found a new home.



Grey Binding

__________________________________________________________

As promised I have completed my Purple Blocks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge. All scraps are Island Batik. It is great to be an ambassador :-)

Light Purple



Dark Purple


March blocks are done and I am wondering whether April will be Blue or Orange?

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties, including Angela's. See full list on the sidebar. 

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the publications! I really like the orange binding to finish Nishat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nishat is bright and beautiful, celebrating Spring and happiness! Another great pattern, and yeah, published! I also love Meteor Shower, sparkling and radiant ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on publishing your quilts! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being published again, Preeti! These are both fun quilts. I really love the Constellations fabric! Your ESC purple flower blocks are pretty, too. You're an excellent IB ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo! Hoo! Not one but TWO publications! Great job, Preeti! Love the description Annie's used for Nishat. Have a great weekend. You've worked hard, #1 IB Ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the publishing of two new patterns. I looked at the Colorful Quilts for Kids at a quilt shop on Friday, but I didn't catch that it was one of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to see your name in print! I check for magazines at the supermarket and Walgreen's. Sometimes they carry Annie's/Quilters World, sometimes they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful colorful quilts! Blurple is my new favorite color. I love all the outdoor photos of Nishat, too. Congrats on the publications.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful colorful finishes! Wow and both published in two publications! Congratulations that is a double Wahoo!! I think Blurple ought to be an actual color!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations once again - keep the pretty work going

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely freshness about Nishat. I really like the picture of you dancing with her. Somewhere there is a little boy nodding off under Meteor Shower too.
    Congratulations on being published -- twice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the publications! Such beautiful quilts! Love those sweet little purple flower blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shew you have been crazy busy!!! Nishat is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is as exotic as the terrace gardens!!! Love the blues quilt, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous and striking! Congrats on the publishing - they deserve a wide audience. Love the hexi flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nishat is sew pretti. Congrats on the publication. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two lovely quilts! Your quilts are always so happy. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/27/wednesday-wait-loss-373

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nishat is another stunning quilt. So is the photo of you twirling with it. Great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are lovely. I really love Nishat - it is so bright and cheerful on the white background! Congrats on the publication!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Nishat photo were you are "twirling" is so fun. And I love how your shirt fits the quilt. Coincedence or planned?! And Meteor Shower is very cool. I love a good mix and match pattern - and then no extra background... Awesome! Big congrats on your two new patterns and publications. xo

    ReplyDelete