Friday, March 29, 2024

Aurelia

Aurelia was published in Make Modern Issue #56.


Aurelia is now available in my Etsy Shop as a standalone pattern.  It is a detailed pattern with 8 pages of step by step instructions including a coloring page. 
I am offering a 25% discount till Friday, April 5, 2024.

Designed in EQ8, Aurelia uses Island Batik fabrics from two collection. The blues came from the Porcelain Blue collection and the Purples are from the Morris Mist collection.





Aurelia finished at 60" by 84". Not my usual colors, nevertheless I am thrilled with this finish. 


Blue Skies, Breezy Day

For background I chose Egg White (Island Batik Neutral) and Island Batik Solid Black.


I used Fondant (Island Batik Neutrals) for Backing. The Binding is Powder Blue (Brilliant Blues).

Fondant Backing, Powder Blue Binding


I chose a variegated thread and quilted using my walking foot with my favorite squiggly lines.

Walking Foot Quilting



Labelled



We took it out for pictures. I had a fun time, shooting with the polar bear :-) climbing up on a short wall at a roundabout, till the security guard asked me to step down. I apologized sincerely and got down immediately. We had already taken the pictures ;-P


Thank you Polar Bear!

It was a breezy day and Paul held the quilt in place atop the polar bear, discreetly hiding in the shadows, while I took the picture. 

For the next pictures, I modeled and Paul photographed. 

Polar Bear in the background


Fiery Tree Backdrop


I am in love with Aurelia. She has an ice-maiden vibe about her - regal and stunning. But I promise you she is very approachable. Here are a few close-ups. 


Texture



Crushing on You


One last look!


What is a new pattern release without a giveaway?

Two random readers of this blogpost, who leave a comment (with their emails if they show up as Anonymous/No-Reply), will win a free PDF copy of this pattern. I will announce the winners on Saturday, April 6, 2024.
Winners Update - The winners are Jenny (#9) and Deb (#26). Emails have been sent

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.

But wait there is more. Visit Emily's blog to see her version of Aurelia (Hint - it is pink). Who knows she may have a giveaway too. 

39 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another beautiful quilt! Great gradation of colors. I don't know how you manage to finish so many quilts--amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurelia is beautiful! I love icy blue quilts and the purples just add to the effect. The polar bear is so cute. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your stars they always make such pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful combination of fabrics that really make this quilt shine. Your Photo Shoots are always so interesting. I love the backing material and the way the binding picks up the blue in it. Congratulations on another wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very nice pattern-==and in my favorite colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your patterns! And if you ever give up quilting, maybe go to Vogue as a Photographer! It really shows your work so beautifully. Thanks! (Love the Elephant!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beauty. I love the photo shoot story...not hard to believe you get into a little trouble when you are out an about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathie WeatherfordMarch 29, 2024 at 3:32 PM

    The blues in your quilt really spoke to me. Beautiful. kweather78@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's certainly another beauty. You come up with wonderful ideas in your quilt making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this quilt. I think you have designed another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. charlotta58@gmail.com here to admire Aurelia and the Polar Bear! It’s very cool, no pun intended. Where is it? I was in the very northern Norway, way above the arctic Circle, where Polar Bears live, last fall. But fortunately didn’t see any. I would of course have loved to see one at a very safe distance - if it was on shore and I was on the ship. But they’re terribly dangerous and I’d never want to be anywhere close to a live polar bear. Sculptures of polar bears are, of course, a very different matter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, obviously that security guard was no fun at all! Aurelia has a certain twinkle in her eye. I like her! Glad you had your photos before you were chastised.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quilt - it is soothing. I wanted to climb on the elephant and take a ride with the quilt. Howland no space quilt no space at g mail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Purple and blue is such a fun color combination. Aurelia turned out beautifully. The stars with the simple bar blocks looks both complicated and easy. Congrats on publishing the new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on another awesome quilt pattern, Preeti. I love this one. It does look very cuddleicious!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really loving Aurelia! The ombre' colors work so well. Emily's version is cute too. It's nice when the pattern blocks can work in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt and the icy color way. Thinking it would be pretty easy to make for donation. And a good size to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous design - great quilt and fabrics for this! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I adore the Polar Bear photo - so pleased you got that one! I love Emily's version - nice to see it in the different colour way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. definitly not your usual colors but totlaloly stunning
    s5821140@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, stunning blue stars, it's a fun pattern and of course the scenery is beautiful, as always ;) I love how you used the blue and purple bundles. Cute pink version too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely quilt and great photos, as usual. Thanks again for bringing me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another stunning finish, Preeti. I am awed at the color palette which was unexpected; but, the colors are beautiful too! I loved the polar bear photo! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, as usual. Thank you for all the details, too. I really enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Preeti, you have done it again. I love your latest pattern. And the fabric choices...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a pretty quilt! Love the colors, and those aren't colors I normally would be attracted to, either! Wonderful! Deb E mdenders@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely quilt! The colors are stunning and the design is so clean and modern. I could see it made up in so many different colors or even scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice, Preeti. How do you come up with names for your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful quilt from you as usual -- and I love that you got chased off by a security guard during a quilt photo shoot! Now, doesn't that make you want to just up the ante for future quilt photos? You live close to D.C. I want to see Paul scaling the Lincoln Memorial so we can all enjoy a photo of Abraham Lincoln snuggled up under a lap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aurelia is just beautiful, Preeti! I love that you used the blues and purples and the solid black together. Great job. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another fabulous quilt. Congrats on having it in Make Modern. Hum, a quilt photo with Abe? Probably isn't going to happen as his statue is huge from what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So lovely and a beautiful name too. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/03/wednesday-wait-loss-374

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ha! That polar bear made a perfect model! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning!!! And yes, love the polar bear photo!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gosh, what a stunning quilt. I really love the quilting and am inspired to try that on one of my quilts

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gosh those Island Batiks come in a stunning array of gorgeous colours and prints! Any chance they could tell us where in Canada they might be found? (Exchange rate & shipping costs from the USA have become prohibitive after Covid, unfortunately for us ☹️🇨🇦).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, Hope you come back to read this response. Thee are two Island Batik Ambassadors in Canada. Gail in BC -https://quiltinggail.com/ and Kim in AB -https://www.chatterboxquilts.com/ I am sure they'd be happy to guide you.

      Delete