Thursday, July 22, 2021

Island Batik - Unboxing Part 2

As an Island Batik Ambassador, I receive fabric from Island Batik and other supplies from industry partners (Hobbs Batting, Aurifil, Bags by Annie, and Studio 180), twice a year. The first set of boxes were received in January 2021.

Island Batik Boxes and the Video Shoot Setup

The second set of boxes were received in July 2021. Here is my home video showing the goodies as I unbox them.


For the August Challenge (Try a Tool) and Blog Hop, I will be working with Island Batik's Butterfly Blooms collection.


Butterfly Blooms

Foundations to Match Spring 2021 Bundle


Matching Yardage


Studio 180 Design is an industry partner. Our August challenge is to create a quilt using the ruler provided by Studio 180 Design. I received Corner Pop 3. It makes long skinny triangles with a base to height ratio of 1:3. 

Corner Pop 3 from Studio 180


ByAnnie.com is the sponsor for the September challenge.  I chose the pattern Got Your Back 2.1. By Annie provided the instructions, the interfacing and all the hardware. I chose these Island Batik fabrics for my bag.

September Challenge - Fabrics and Bag Pattern

Instructions and Hardware



Aurifil is the sponsor for the October challenge.  In collaboration with Earth League International, Aurifil has released 12 mini collections (2021 Color Builders), each inspired by an endangered animal. Each collection contains a light, medium and a dark thread. For the October challenge, we have to use all three threads to create a project inspired by that animal. My animal is Iberian Lynx.

Aurifil Color Builder inspired by Iberian Lynx


Iberian Lynx; picture from Aurifil 


For the November Challenge and Blog Hop, we have to make a Storm at Sea quilt, using the Surprise Bundle. This fabric line is called Bellingham Bay and will be in stores in November 2021.


Foundations to Match Summer 2021 Bundle

A Stash Builder roll includes four 5” x WOF strips; there are 5 rolls in each pack. A tightly rolled fabric set is pretty but I wanted to open and see the colors in all their glory.

Stash Builders

5" Strips

Neutral Strips

Reds



Colorful!!!

Four yards each of black, white and gray solids are a staple of the Island Batik box, along with six yards of neutral. I received Milk Shake.

Milk Shake

Solid Neutrals


Hobbs Batting is another industry partner. The boxes included one Queen-size Thermore batting, one Throw-size Tuscany Cotton Wool batting, one Queen-size Heirloom Premium 80/20 Fusible Cotton Poly Blend batting, one Queen-size Heirloom Premium 80/20 Cotton Poly Blend batting, and one set of 2-1/2” Fusible Batting Strips.


Queen Size Battings from Hobbs


Fusible Batting Strips


The Island Batik precuts are delayed and will be sent later in the summer. So there is more to look forward to.  I hope you will stop by on August 11, 2021 when I will be posting my projects using the Corner Pop 3 ruler and the Butterfly Blooms collection.

August Project - Sneak Peek


The Unboxing Video Schedule for all Island Batik ambassadors is as follows:

WEDNESDAY, JULY 21

Best @ Best Quilter
Pamela Boatright @ Pamela Quilts
Jennifer Fulton @ Inquiring Quilter

THURSDAY, JULY 22

Preeti Harris @ Sew Preeti Quilts (You are here)
Jane Hauprich @ Stitch by Stitch Custom Quilting
Emily Leachman @ Darling Dogwood

FRIDAY, JULY 23

Denise Looney @ For the Love of Geese
Leah Malasky @ Quilted Delights
Sally Manke @ Sally Manke Fiber Artist

MONDAY, JULY 26

Maryellen McAuliffe @ Mary Mack Made Mine
Claudia Porter @ Create with Claudia
Gail Renna @ Quilt Haven Threads

TUESDAY, JULY 27

Brianna Roberts @ Sew Cute and Quirky
Andi Stanfield @ True Blue Quilts
Jennifer Thomas @ Curlicue Creations

WEDNESDAY, JULY 28

Jennifer Eubank @ Archipelago Quilting
Suzy Webster @ Webster Quilt
Janet Yamamoto @ Whispers of Yore

THURSDAY, JULY 29

Elizabeth DeCroos @ Epida Studio
Connie Kauffman @ Kauffman Designs
Gail Sheppard @ Quilting Gail

FRIDAY, JULY 30

Joanne Hart @ Unicorn Harts
Mania Hatziioannidi @ Mania for Quilts
Michelle Roberts @ Creative Blonde


________________________________________________________________

Remember the July Challenge and the giveaway? I picked two winners - Donna T. and Sandy Zoo. Whereas SandyZoo responded to my email, I have not heard back from Donna T. So I had to pick another winner. Comment #24 was randomly chosen. MissPat, you won!!! I have sent you an email.
As soon as I have the address from MissPat, I will run to the post office. Thank you SandyZoo for your patience.

12 comments:

  1. I just watched your video -- nice to see you "in person"! And also nice to see the fabrics up close here in the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it feels like Christmas when you open it up - it all looks so pretty and I want it all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such pretty fabrics! I really love the Butterfly Blooms. I know you're going to make some amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My buddy the video star! :) I love the butterfly fabrics, especially the yellows and purples, and I love what you've done with them. How will you make a lynx? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see and hear you "in person", or should that be via video. Such a lot of goodies in those boxes, you will be working very hard on the monthly challenges set. Enjoying every minute too, I imagine.
    Jenny from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful goodies in the delivery! Love the butterfly fabrics too. The pack pack looks interesting, you are going to have so much fun and be very busy Preeti! Roll on August 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.goodness! I think I would be having trouble breathing with all those goodies. Especially love the butterflies, and soooo look forward to seeing what you make with all of those products. Thermore batting is very nice in quilted clothing. Perhaps a jacket or vest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those butterflies fabrics are just darling. And I also love your thread colors. Nice to see you. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited to see I'm a winner. I sent my address on July 22nd. I hope you got it. You are going to have so much fun with this latest shipment. The butterfly fabrics are very tempting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video, Preeti! I love Butterfly Blooms! I'm hoping that's one of my precuts :) I also got Milkshake as my neutral. I LOVE the fabrics you picked out for your Annie bag!! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an exciting video. Looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations especially with the Deb Tucker ruler. I have several of hers and they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete