Saturday, April 16, 2022

Think Pink

Angela announced that April is Pink.  And nature got the memo :-)

Delicate Pink


Hot Pink


Reddish Pink


Pretty Blooms

It is like the sun and breeze shared a naughty joke and all flora blushed. 

Looks like my fabrics are blushing too. I will be sharing with Angela's linky party.

Starting Point


Plus Background Strips


Cut and Sew

Easter Bunny?


When a pink Easter bunny hopped on to my work, I ate him up :-D 

Voila!!!

I have about a dozen pink blocks. All different sizes. How will I put them together? 

With a lot of mixing and matching, cutting and sewing, adding and subtracting. But I am not going to dwell upon that for now. 

_____________________________________________________________

Because, NOW I am getting ready to publish the Synergy pattern in my Etsy store :-) 

My dear friends, Mari, Bonnie, Wendy, Alycia and Roseanne happily agreed to test drive the revised instructions.  They will be sharing their versions of Synergy next week.

1. Mari of Academic Quilter - Thursday, April 21, 2022
2. Alycia of Alycia Quilts - Friday, April 22, 2022
3. Wendy of Pieceful Thoughts - Saturday, April 23, 2022
4. Bonnie of Institches with Bonnie - Sunday, April 24, 2022
5. Roseanne of Home Sewn By Us - Monday, April 25, 2022

Make sure to visit their blogs to see their versions and leave a comment to participate in the giveaway. 

_____________________________________________________________

In other news, Positivity QAL is coming to 2022.  May 29 - September 4, 2022. 

I will share a free tutorial. No registration is required.  To be eligible for prizes, we need to see your completed flimsy (Level 1 Prizes) on your blog or Instagram. Similarly we need to see your completed quilt before you are entered into a drawing for a Level 2 Prize.  

The Beginning of Mercyful Quilts Initiative

Thank you from Mercy Hospital

Mercyful Quilts Update

Wrapped with Kindness (may need tissues)

A Note from Mercy Hospital

I hope that you will sew and quilt along, and send the completed quilt to Mercyful Quilts.  If you are not in the US, and wish to participate, you are very welcome. You may donate the quilt to a local charity or to a cause close to your heart.  In the next couple of weeks, I will be working on the block instructions and other logistics for the QAL. Bernie and I are also organizing prizes for the QAL.    

________________________________________________________

I had been eagerly waiting for the Kwanza Cherry trees to bloom. Two weeks ago the buds were tight and on their marks.

On your marks

Get set and Bloom

I love to walk here


Majestic



I love spring :-)


I  brought some home

I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar. 

__________________________________________________________________________  

For the next Island Batik challenge (May 2022) and another new quilt, to be published in July 2022,  I needed pictures.

Setting up a Quilty Photoshoot is a small production.  Of course, I try to turn it into a date. I make an appointment with my quilt model including plans for inclement weather.  Some breeze is fine, snow is welcome but rain is an absolute spoiler.

On location

Choosing location is always a challenge. So I pick two or three.  To bribe  compensate my quilt model for his time and effort, I pick a restaurant of his choice.  

Just the back for now

Me: Would you like to eat first?
Paul (groggy): Nah, photos first.
Me: I don't want you to be hungry or grumpy.
Paul (grumpy): I am fine. 
Me: You sure? I don't want you to faint and drop the quilt in the water.
Paul (mildly exasperated): I won't. Do you want leftovers sitting in the car while we take pictures?
Me: Excellent point. Silver Diner ok?
Paul: Yeah.
Me: Shall I drive?
Paul: I can drive.

Thank you Paul!

Is this a better backdrop?


I love this location. The tall/blah buildings serve as the perfect backdrop for bright quilts. On the right, you can see the bridge over the small pond, perfect for quilty reflection pictures. 

After the photoshoot and the meal (pancakes and sausage), Paul was more Ted Lasso than Roy Kent.

Paul: What do you think of the new Bridgerton season?
Me: It got more Indian.
Paul: The cast, you mean? 
Me: Brighter fabrics, better jewelry, not enough steaminess.
Paul: The first season was steamier.
Me: Oh yes. I'll just have to rewatch it.

Paul responded with smiles and eye roll, as expected.  Surprisingly, the first season of Bridgerton also coincided with the pink month of RSC2021

Wish you a Happy Easter. Hope your weekend is the right mix of brightness and steam :-) 


21 comments:

  1. Oh! Now you may have inspired me to watch Bridgerton! Steamier?
    I wonder if bribery would work on Mr. Busy? He is a bit of a Grumpy Gus in the mornings! I’m excited for your QAL. Now back to your post to read all the links!
    Happy weekend , Preeti and Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not watched Bridgerton might need to check it out. So many pink blossoms so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink blossoms of Spring - they are full of hope! Your blocks look like a lot of fun to play with. Lots of pretty pink scraps! Looking forward to the blog hop of your designs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pink blocks. And such a supportive hubby. Mine wouldn't fall for that... As for Bridgeton, I'm in the middle of another series, but am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your quilt finish and best of luck on the release of your new pattern! What are you doing with those fun PINK blocks? Looking forward to Positivity 2.0, Preeti!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature most certainly got the memo that pink was the color for this month. I hope that the pattern release of Synergy goes well, and the blog hop will be fun to see. And hooray for quilt holders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bribing your quilt holder with breakfast seems a win-win scenario to me, you both get to eat out after the photo shoot is done. Love those flowering trees and your pretty pink blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm I wonder if pink 2023 will be the next season release of Bridgerton? Lovely flower photos and so crafty of you to get help for the photo shoots! I missed the Positivity quilt along last year but I hope to join in the fun this year. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay — you got your cherry blossoms this year! Your quilt model is WAY more cooperative than mine. Bernie always wants to take the pictures as quickly as possible and doesn’t understand why our driveway can’t be the perfect backdrop for every quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to make time to watch Bridgeton soon. Lovely quilts, blocks & flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This whole post is pretty in pink! You are one busy quilter, my friend! I'm busy sewing away over here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just loooove how you put together those scrap blocks! Hope you two had a nice dinner ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these pink photos: flowers, blocks, it's Beautiful! Also love the photo of you two, so cute ;) Yeah for another Positivity QAL coming soon!
    Thank you for sharing, and linkng up ❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pink scrappy blocks. I might have to make something similar for all of my stringy scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pink scrappy blocks look fab! And here we are rolling around to Merciful quilts....so fast this year is going. Hope your weekend was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been enjoying the flowers too. I look forward to seeing how you assemble your scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of pretty pink in your post! I have never dragged my husband further than the backyard for quilty posing...hmmm, making a date night out of it could be good. The beach, of course, is my favorite spot to visit but can be very windy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet picture of you & Paul. I always loved cherry blossom time when we lived in the area too. The kwanzaas are the prettiest by far -- like double blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a Happy Easter. Those pink RSC blocks are wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous quilt finish. Love, love, love pink.

    ReplyDelete