Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Island Batik Ambassador Boxes

It is hot and humid. Fortunately I am well-prepared to stay (and entertain myself) indoors.  That is where Island Batik's second shipment of goodies is supremely helpful :-D

Here is the "Set" of Unboxing Video showing Nihal on the left and Wednesday on the right.

Unboxing Video - Set up

It is good to be an ambassador!  Here is the link to the Unboxing video.  There is an oops in there and I left it as such. We are only human!

I start with the generous box of batting provided by Hobbs.

Thermore Batting - Light and Very Thin

Premium Wool - High Loft and Warm

Cotton Batting - New Look!


Cotton & Wool Blend


Aurifil Threads - We received some interesting new threads this time.  The red spools are cotton/wool blend used for embroidery.  The white spool is monofilament (invisible thread) for applique or anywhere you don't want the stitching to show, like a multicolored binding, or hanging sleeves, especially if you don't want to painstakingly hand-stitch the long sleeve on a large quilt. 

The two smaller spools are Cotton Floss (thick threads), best for embroidery or accent stitches.

Cotton/Wool, Monofilament (Invisible), and Cotton Floss



Island Batik Precuts - We received the following Island Batik Gradations precuts.

Precious Pinks (10" squares) and Glorious Greens (2.5" Strips)


Also received this Spring collection with matching yardage. Designed by Kathy Engle, Blushing Garden will be available in stores in September 2023.


Blushing Garden - 10" Squares


Light & Dark Yardage


In September we will be participating in a Blog Hop. The challenge is "Pieced to Perfection".  I will be using the Spring collection called  Chromatic. It is an original collection designed by Deb Tucker of Studio 180 Design, which should be available in stores in September 2023.

Half-Yard Bundle


22 Fabrics

Matching Yardage


In October, we will be using the Accuquilt die - North Carolina Star. This is a complicated block with many pieces. Fortunately, all pieces can be cut with a single slide under the cutter with this block on board.





Bags by Annie - The November Challenge and Blog Hop requires us to make a bag (or a set of bags, if you are ambitious), using Patterns by Annie.  I chose Room with a View in three sizes. I will be using a Summer Collection called Morris Mist. It is a Signature Collection designed by Kathy Engle for Sherry Shish of Powered by Quilting.




Hardware and Supplies

Since the Morris Mist collection won't be available in stores till November 2023, the fabrics will remain a secret for now.





We also received six yards of Neutral and the Foundations Bundle - 12 Fabrics, 0.5 yard each

Blenders, Solids and Basics


Six yards of Neutral - Flour


Some supplies like Black, White and Light Grey Solid fabrics and stash builders are running late. I will happily let them in when they get here. After all, everyone is invited to the party. I will be sharing with all my favorite linky parties, see full list on the sidebar.


Disclosure: The fabrics, dies, bag-making supplies, thread and batting were generously supplied by the following companies:






18 comments:

  1. You've received some beautiful fabrics! I look forward to seeing the new quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New boxes of deliciousness - I am sure they were the right distraction from the hot and humid ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those batiks are gorgeous. I love the saturated colors. Looking forward to seeing your projects come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sure get a lot of products to try out - I thought one time of applying for this but then I thought no it would be too much work - I just want to have fun - but I know you can have fun while making things but I don't want a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - those fabrics are "drool" worthy! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great way to keep out of the heat - and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video, Preeti! I also received Chromatic - it is such a fun collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I miss being an ambassador. But when I think of all the work, I'm happy to just watch. So many beautiful fabrics. I just bought Hobbs cotton wool blend to hand quilt my mini La Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always enjoyed the Island Batik box openings! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/12/wednesday-wait-loss-336

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blushing Garden looks fabulous! And I didn't have time to see that you can make rings with the North Carolina Star die ~ oooh! I love curvy designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is WOW. So many goodies to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So many amazing products were packed into those boxes. What fun you are going to have! I too liked your unboxing video!---TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! This is Christmas time, plus birthday presents all in one box! A lot of goodies here, yummy fabrics, and geat challenges to come. Have fun!
    Thank you for sharing these pretty supplies, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Lots of creative potential in your box! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so good to me. I'm looking forward to how you put some of those gorgeous fabrics to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful fabrics! I always enjoyed getting boxes of goodies from Island Batik when I was an ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful sewing awaits you - they are beautiful fabrics. Love seeing the great goodies IB sends you!

    ReplyDelete