Saturday, April 27, 2024

Feeling Peachy - Mica in Island Batik Fabrics

I wanted to make at least one quilt using Island Batik Fabrics, for the Pantone Quilt Challenge 2024.  

There are so many beautiful peachy hues to choose from.

Island Batik Fabrics


Cantaloupe (Island Batik Basic) from the Opulent Oranges was the closest match for Peach Fuzz.

Cantaloupe


Carrot

So many ideas and so little time. I wanted to create something simple and minimalist different from Blush (a Colorwash inspired quilt top), and Peach on Earth (improv pieced quilt).

After playing with shapes, fabrics and layouts in EQ8, I chose this design.

EQ8 Mock-Up


First Block

The design took a week, while the actual making of the quilt took but one weekend.


All the blocks


Borders!

And here is the finished quilt. I have named it Mica.

Mica finished at 26" by 28" and will be entered in the Mini/Wall category.


Mica, 26" by 28"


I will be sharing with the Pantone Quilt Challenge 2024 Linky Party hosted by Sarah Ruiz Quilts.

I will also be sharing with all my favorite linky parties. See full list on the sidebar.  

____________________________________________________________

In other news, I completed my yellow hexie blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Sharing with Angela's Linky Party.







As usual, I look forward to your thoughts. 

17 comments:

  1. I see three pretty fish; love the yellow hexie flowers!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been so productive! Mica turned out beautifully and so did your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something slightly optical illusional about Mica, I reaaly like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mica is a winner! Love your yellow hexies. . . I'm a hexie fan from way back!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty and the hexies are such a nice yellow/orange

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great block, Preeti! Simple shapes, all by themselves, but they make an amazing design when all together. I like how the black background makes your peachy colors pop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago, I used to march in a drill team. The K's Go Marching In -- and Out -- and In -- and Out.
    Lovin' the hexies too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your peach projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those cheerful YELLOW hexies for the RSC, Preeti!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mica is stunning, too. Carrot has always been one of my favorite IB colors - that color that blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on Mica. And good for you for entering the Pantone Quilt Challenge. Hope one of yours is a winner. Although, from my point of view it already is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on Mica, Preeti! I love those peachy colors on the black background. They really pop! Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Preeti, thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Love all of your peachy goodness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your quilts. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete