Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quilt # 9 - Blue Rail Fence

A rail fence is a beginner's favorite pattern, I am told. Needless to say, since I am a beginner I was totally drawn to this pattern. I chose blue fabrics for a twin size quilt for my nephew Divik.



When I finished piecing the quilt top, it felt huge. This was the first time I was working with so much fabric. All my previous quilts were baby quilts or bit larger. I had machine quilted all previous quilts myself but this one made me nervous. I wanted it to be perfect and felt that I could not quilt it on my machine. So, I asked Miss Carrie who works at the Circle Sewing Studio with Parker to quilt it for me on her long-arm machine. I received the quilted sandwich and I liked the quilting. I then completed the binding. Here is the finished quilt.


It was a big relief to finally finish this one. This quilt is for Divik as a Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment